Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3/13/13
Today I got to interview my mentor. We then went up to cascade to meet with the owners and maintenance crew to address problems they had been having with phone and internet in the houses they rented. It turned out that getting backup batteries that would keep there gear running even if the power went out would fix much of there problems.  They have dirty power and that means it goes out a lot, when it goes out the routers and other equipment would need to be reset. After these batteries were installed and some other gear was updated, brainstorm would be able to monitor the system and trouble shoot other problems. I got to see the service room for cascade. When we returned I was tested on programming a router to a static IP address and had no issues at all.

I will upload the video of my interview when I have a good internet connection.




No comments:

Post a Comment